On Time. In Budget. What They Need.
(even when that changes)
Agile is a project management approach that provides a framework for adapting to change as it happens. It’s commonly used in the software development space, and gaining traction with the learning and development industry. TorranceLearning has adapted Agile methods for instructional design and development projects – we call it the LLAMA (the Lot Like Agile Management Approach) — and we’ve been teaching and writing about it since 2012.
This iterative approach offers several advantages:
- Changes to scope, content, budgets and timelines are drama-free
- Workable product is released early and often
- Constant learning and improving based on real-world feedback
- Faster identification of errors in assumptions
- Easier short-term project cost and timeline estimating to head off large problems more quickly