The Download is a unique way for learning and development professionals to connect, learn and share.
If you want to catch a smattering of what’s going on in learning, pick up some new ideas to put a new spark in your work, or share your latest ideas & thoughts, this is the place to be. On its face, the Download looks like a conference: learning professionals gather for a day, choose interesting topics, drink a lot of coffee and exchange ideas and business cards.
The Download is different.
Each session is much more like a discussion than a presentation. Q&A goes in all directions at the Download because everyone has something to share. There’s a relaxed community vibe about the Download as we welcome you into our professional home in a spirit of sharing. TorranceLearning has hosted more than a dozen Downloads since 2010. Here’s a blog post about the Download experience.
Here’s how it works.
We run several really short, concurrent discussions on a wide range of topics, all related to learning and development. You choose what you want to see, wander about as you wish. While the person facilitating a session certainly has something to share, the Q&A goes in all directions. Many of the sessions don’t even use PowerPoint or demos (crazy!).
Topics we’ve discussed at the Download in the past:
- Certification & Performance Support using the Experience API
- Learning & Culture in High Performing Organizations
- Make Off-the-Shelf Learning Your Own
- Iterative Development: Lather, Rinse, Repeat
- Job Search Speed Dating
- Business Acumen for the Enterprise
- Writing with Images
- Developing a Learning Culture
- Learning Transfer: Making it stick after they leave the classroom
- A Few of TL’s Favorite Tools
- Asynchronous Learning & Under-Prepared Learners
- The Many Faces of Performance Support
- Leadership: What’s next?
- Getting it Right: Organization Factors that Contribute to Successful Learning Interventions
- What’s Your Story? Storytelling for Organizational Learning
- Ethics in Learning: Who owns what when we live in a world of free content?
- How do you Sell Learning Within the Organization?
- Using Video & Elearning to turn classrooms upside down
- A Strategic Planning & Learning Space
- Social Networking and the learning environment: What is it doing for you?
- Things are a-Changin’: Org Flux & Its Impact on Learning
- The Big Picture: Visual Storytelling
- Choose Wisely: Key Pieces to the Talent Selection Puzzle
- Video Tips & Tricks on a Dime
- MOOC Mash-Up
- Flipping the Workplace
- Ignored…Wait to Record: Setting Up for Screencast Success